Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our platform, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information about cookies visit All About Cookies
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. It is important to know that if you disable cookies you may not be able to use certain features offered by some web sites. You can disable cookies through your browser. Most browsers have instructions on how to disable cookies in their "Help" sections. The instructions for all browsers vary. But the steps are generally similar for most. Here are some places you can look to disable or enable cookies:
- Internet Explorer: Look in the Tools menu, select Internet Options, and then click the Security tab. Click Internet, and then click Custom Level. Scroll down to Cookies, click disable (or enable) for both cookie options, and then click OK.
- Mozilla Firefox: Open Tasks, choose Privacy & Security, and then Cookie Manager. Choose View Stored Cookies from the submenu to open the Cookie Manager window. Select one or more cookies and click either Remove Cookie or Remove All Cookies.
- Safari: Choose Preferences from the Safari menu and click Security. Select Never, Always, or Only from sites you navigate to, to set your preferences at the level you desire. To see the cookies stored on your computer, click Show Cookies. From here you have the option to remove one or two cookies or all cookies.
- In Chrome: At the top right, click More. Settings. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings. Click Cookies. From here, you can: Turn on cookies: Next to "Blocked," turn on the switch. Turn off cookies: Turn off Allow sites to save and read cookie data.
How do we use storage and cookies?
We use the storage in a range of ways to improve your experience on our website, including:
- Keeping you signed in
- Storing books your work on and other required information for normal functioning of the website, e.g. what language you prefer.
We also use outside companies to display ads on our site and to collect statistics about web visitors. These companies may be placing and reading cookies on your web browser, or using web beacons to collect information. Remember that cookies do not allow anyone to access your private information on your computer. They only record information about your visits to a web site. Cookies may be used for personalization of ads but can be also used for non-personalized advertising.
What types of storage and cookies do we use?